Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Codependent No More by Melody Beattie

"Codependent No More" by Melody Beattie maybe isn't the pretties cover but I've been reading it the past few nights and felt like it was a really great book to discuss. I was recommended this book by a friend because I have issues with trying to control other people's lives instead of my own. This book is awesome for everyone! It talks about being codependent on someone that is dependent on a substance, but I feel like this book can help anyone that is trying to make everyone else happy instead of themselves! It's much easier to look at someone and tell them everything they are doing wrong than looking at yourself and seeing what you are doing isn't only making that other person miserable, it's making you unhappy! This book has some great points and helps you see things in a different view. I would've chosen a different cover, but it's bright and straightforward...
Codependent No More: How to Stop Controlling Others an Start Caring for Yourself

2 comments:

  1. Well I just purchased this. Ha. Thanks Chels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading a good book about codependency written by Dr. Tom Joseph entitled "Why We Stay Stuck". Another good book as well! He also offers counseling. Never felt better!

    ReplyDelete